After death leave life and hope.
To give a second chance in life to an animal who might otherwise not survive, or have anywhere else to go, is a very special legacy.
That is what you could achieve with a gift to Friends of Inti Wara Yassi in your will.
Just think how different our world would be if every single person on this planet respected wildlife and looked after our environment.
It would be a world where wildlife would stay in the wild, where their natural habitats would not be under threat.
A world that would have no need for animal refuges, sanctuaries or rescue centres.
Every single day we work towards providing the best quality of life possible to wildlife rescued from illegal trafficking, and towards ending the cruel trade that removes them from their natural homes.
We know that an end to this trade is a long way off, but it is achievable and we are determined to make it happen. We won’t stop until wild animals cease needing our help and protection. That is why legacies are so valuable. They ensure that our vital work can continue for as long as it takes.
Your will is one of the most important documents you’ll write. It’s a chance for you to help and provide for your loved ones, and to keep making a difference to causes you care about after you’re gone. Remember Friends of Inti Wara Yassi in your will and help us create a brighter future for Bolivia’s wildlife.
Making a will doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. There are number of different types of gifts you may want to consider leaving to Friends of Inti Wara Yassi:
• A share of your estate - also known as a ‘residuary legacy’. It’s a percentage of what remains of your estate after all other gifts and expenses have been paid.
• A specific sum - also known as a ‘pecuniary legacy’.
• A specific item - this could be something valuable such as jewellery, an antique or a painting.
• A reversionary gift - this let you leave your estate to your loved ones while they are living, but once they pass away the share you intended for Friends of Inti Wara Yassi will pass to us.
• Amend an existing will - if you already have a will, you can add Friends of Inti Wara Yassi by completing a codicil and sending it to your solicitor.
It’s surprisingly simple to include a gift to Friends of Inti Wara Yassi in your will. Your legal advisor simply needs our registered address and charity number:
Friends of Inti Wara Yassi, PO Box 5403, Brighton, East Sussex, BN50 8GW, UK
Our registered charity number is: 1124355 (England and Wales).
Gifts in memory of a loved one are a special way to build a brighter future for Bolivia’s wildlife.
If you know someone who volunteered at one of our wildlife centres in Bolivia, or who was affected in some way by Inti Wara Yassi’s work, why not make a gift in their memory? It’s a meaningful way to pay tribute to a loved one and show how they still live on in your heart.
Every gift we receive today will make a real difference to the animals we work to protect, rescue and rehabilitate. By helping us carry out workshops, buy food or medicines for the animals, or build a new enclosure, you’ll help create a brighter future for Bolivia’s wildlife and ensure that your loved one’s memory lives on.
There are many ways to honour the memory of a loved one. You could make a donation towards our day to day work, or you could choose a specific project to support. Here are a few ideas for a memorial gift:
• Construct a new enclosure for one of the animals cared for in our centres
• Plant a tree in the rainforest at one of our centres
• Design and name a new trail for a big cat
• Build a new play area for baby monkeys
• Make an online donation - help us give a second chance in life to animals that have fallen victim to wildlife trafficking.
• Set up an ongoing gift to Inti Wara Yassi in your loved one’s name and help us put an end to the illegal trade in wild animals.
• Set up a memorial page - a simple way for you, or anyone else who may wish to, to make a gift in memory. To set up a memorial page simply visit our charity profile on BT MyDonate. It can be personalised with photos, memories and donation messages to create a lasting online memorial.
• A memorial event - can be a lovely way to honour a memory. You could host a gathering of friends and family and collect donations accordingly.
If you would like to discuss the options for donating in memory, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1273 777206 and we will help you make your idea for a memorial gift a reality.
Jonathan (Jono) Andrews: 7 August 1992 - 7 September 2011
Jonathan spent five weeks volunteering at Parque Ambue Ari in 2011, working with Leoncio the puma (Puma concolor) and Katie the jaguar (Panthera onca). His time at Ambue Ari was one of the highlights of his trip to South America; the experience impacted him greatly and deepened his love for animals.
Tragically, Jonathan’s life ended as he started the next phase of his life as a student at Acadia University. However Jonathan’s spirit will continue on as he left a legacy of love, humor and a deep enthusiasm for life.
This fund was set up in Jonathan's memory. Donations from Jonathan's friends and family have already helped us build new enclosures for Juancho and Rupi (jaguars, Panthera onca). The fund continues to support the animals cared for at Ambue Ari.
To make a donation to Jonathan's fund, please use the donation button below:
Friends of Inti Wara Yassi (FIWY) is our sister organization in the UK. They have been a major source of support since their founding in 2008. Find out more about FIWY here.
Quest Overseas organizes gap year trips for British and international students. Since 2001, Quest has worked with CIWY to bring much needed volunteers and funds. If you are interested in the programs they have with us, find out more here.