This is a fantastic opportunity to work with Friends of Inti Wara Yassi (FIWY), a small charity that supports the animal welfare work of our sister charity, Comunidad Inti Wara Yassi (CIWY), in Bolivia. For more than twenty years CIWY has been caring for rescued wildlife, whilst also giving disadvantaged youth a sense of purpose through involvement with wildlife care, and educating the Bolivian public in respect to environmental concerns. FIWY’s main areas of activity encompass fundraising, awareness raising, strategic partnership development and volunteer coordination. We also play a key support role for CIWY’s general operations in Bolivia.
The successful candidate will be skilled and proactive, with an excellent grasp of all types of fundraising. A key aspect of the fundraiser’s role will be to maintain current income streams, whilst also identifying and developing new ones.
- Support FIWY’s board to develop long-term strategic goals for fundraising and income generation
- Maintain and develop FIWY’s current fundraising activities: merchandising, events, regular giving, corporate sponsorship, trusts and foundations
- Where appropriate make suitable contacts with funders, build relationships and lead on the development of proposals and application
- Meet an annual target of between £20,000 - £25,000
- Maintain financial records and support our Treasurer in bookkeeping and budget management
- Lead on grant monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain FIWY’s ethical premise – we are an environmental charity and try to ensure our working practices are as ethical and sustainable as possible
- Attend quarterly board meetings and send regular reports to our Chair of Trustees
If you have a proven, successful record in fundraising and you enjoy the challenges of working in a small charity, you will be surrounded by a passionate and enthusiastic Board of Trustees who will fully support you to achieve your targets.
- A passion for animal welfare and the environment
- An understanding of the challenges facing environmental charities today
- Fundraising experience, with proven track record
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Financial acumen and basic bookkeeping experience
Skills required (desirable):
- An excellent grasp of social media and online platforms
- IT proficiency: Photoshop, InDesign, Mailchimp, Wordpress, database systems
- Language: Confident Spanish
- A history with CIWY, either as an ex-volunteer, or in some other capacity
Deadline for applications - 17th August 2018
Please send a covering letter and CV to Jon Cassidy via email@example.com
Friends of Inti Wara Yassi (FIWY) is our sister organization in the UK. They have been a major source of support since their founding in 2008. Find out more about FIWY here.
Quest Overseas organizes gap year trips for British and international students. Since 2001, Quest has worked with CIWY to bring much needed volunteers and funds. If you are interested in the programs they have with us, find out more here.